Grape varieties: 100% Vieilles Vignes
Vines: more than 45 years old
Culture: sustainable agriculture, harvested by hand, clay and limestone soils
Winemaking: burgundian type, extraction at cold temperature, regular treading (pigeage), maceration of 15 days, ageing in casks for 16 months
Alcohol: 14,5% alc./vol.
Packaging: bottle of 750 ml
Annual average production: 2,000 bottles
Ageing potential: at its best 7 to 9 years after the harvest, cellaring potential over 10 years
Serving temperature: between 16 and 18°C
The vintner’s notes
- Deep robe of a sustained purple colour.
- An aromatic and powerful nose, different aromas according to the ageing.
- Forget it a few years, giving it time to express his whole “terroir” and typicity: often rustic and wild in his youth, this wine becomes powerful and reveals his character later on… a complex structure opening on black berries overtone, sweet spices and liquorice. Fresh and delicate final, very long on the palate, tinted with slight smoked bitterness.
- Being produced by selected plots of old vineyards, a top ranked wine of the appellation.
Wine & Food
- Ideally served with tasty meats like games: wild boar, pheasant, red deer or lamb shanks. A good accompaniment for sheep’s raw milk cheese, tome of Savoie, of the Massif Central, of the Vosges.